Pages

Monday 23 April 2012

First!

I thought I'd start with my current knitting projects.

This is Elijah by Ysolda Teague (oh, how I love Ysolda!) http://ysolda.com/patterns/toys/elijah/.  I made an Elijah for some lovely friends of mine when they had their little boy last year. As a result the Other Half told a work colleague of his who was expecting and she requested an Elijah too.  I'm not normally a fan of repeating patterns once I have made them but Ysolda's patterns are so delightful to work and the results always look so good!

So far I have his head and body made:

I'm making him in Sirdar Snuggly (Bluebell Mix) but I have to admit I'm not overly happy with the choice of wool - despite being quite soft when it's in the ball, once you start to knit with it you can feel the plastic-squeakiness of acrylic in there.  But, I suppose for a toy that will be thrown around and grabbed by sticky little fingers, it is ideal as it is washable and hard-wearing!

This is Prairie Polo by Lisa Richardson, the other project I have on the go at the moment:

 I am making this for my youngest niece, Little H, in a gorgeous deep pink:

The wool is Blue-Faced Leicester pure wool and is a dream to work with, if a little fluffy!  I'm not a huge fan of baby pastels so most of the things I have made for my nieces have been bright and bold.

I get so inspired when I look at pics of what I've done so far and things I've made in the past.  There just aren't enough hours in the day for all the knitting I want to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment